President Obama’s Executive Orders On Gun Control in 2015 – NCSL.org
Can’t Find What You’re Looking For?
Tell us what you’re looking for in the Study Hall and get responses from us, and you’re fellow students. Get help with exactly what you need so you can get this assignment out of the way and move on to better things (or the next assignment).
“On Jan. 5, 2016, President Obama unveiled his new strategy to curb gun violence in America. His proposals focus on new background check requirements that will enhance the effectiveness of the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS), and greater education and enforcement efforts of existing laws at the state level. As more information becomes available, this document will be updated. The 2015 plan:
- Directs the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) to require any business that engages in the sale of guns to obtain a federal license to do so and conduct background checks. This requirement applies to gun stores, sellers of guns at gun shows, and sellers of guns over the Internet. The licensing requirement applies to all sellers “engaged in the business” of selling guns, regardless of how frequent or how many sales there are. Failure to obtain a license to sell will carry criminal penalties of up to five years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000. Failure to conduct a required background check will also carry penalties.
- Requires the ATF Bureau to issue a rule requiring background checks…”
Summary of the executive orders issued by President Barack Obama in 2015 and 2013 around gun control issues, largely as a result of gun violence incidents.
- President Obama’s 2015 Executive Actions on Gun Control
- National Conference of State Legislatures
- January 5, 2016
Need the full citations? Request them in the Study Hall and we will respond with them as quickly as possible. You can also request more research, or get help with other parts of your paper.
If you need any help at all, you can find it through Chegg's tutoring service. Don't forget, it is free for you first 30 mins, and you'll also be helping keep CRS free as we will receive a commission. There is no reason to get a poor grade on a research assignment, so if you think you need help DON'T mess around. Use Chegg's tutors and get off the #Strugglebus.Get a Better Grade
- 4 Credible Sources Supporting Gun Control You Need for Your Research Paper
- Comparing Expert Opinions on Gun-Control Measures Against Public Opinion, Data and Quotes from Experts – NY Times
- How Gun Control Started in 1934 with the Mob and Sawed-Off Shotguns – National Geographic
- 965 People Killed By Police in 2015 (and Analysis of the Data) – Washington Post