Law Enforcement and Public Opinion Align on Gun Control Issues, Differ Elsewhere – Pew Research Center
Can’t Find What You’re Looking For?
Tell us what you’re looking for in the Study Hall and get responses from us, and you’re fellow students. Get help with exactly what you need so you can get this assignment out of the way and move on to better things (or the next assignment).
“Other differences were not quite so large. About two-thirds of all Americans (64%) favor a ban on assault-style weapons and roughly the same share of police (67%) oppose such a restriction. More broadly, the surveys found that a larger share of police than the public believe it is more important to protect the rights of Americans to own guns than to control gun ownership (74% of police vs. 53% of the public).”
Data from Pew Research Center showing law enforcement and the public share similar opinions about gun control, despite differing views on other topics.
- Rich Morin
- Police, public differ on key issues but align on others
- Pew Research Center
- January 23, 2017
Need the full citations? Request them in the Study Hall and we will respond with them as quickly as possible. You can also request more research, or get help with other parts of your paper.
If you need any help at all, you can find it through Chegg's tutoring service. Don't forget, it is free for you first 30 mins, and you'll also be helping keep CRS free as we will receive a commission. There is no reason to get a poor grade on a research assignment, so if you think you need help DON'T mess around. Use Chegg's tutors and get off the #Strugglebus.Get a Better Grade
- Data on Public Support for Background Checks on Other Gun Control Policies – Pew Research Center
- Comparing Expert Opinions on Gun-Control Measures Against Public Opinion, Data and Quotes from Experts – NY Times
- Data on Fatal Police Shootings in 2014, 2013 and other Gun Violence Data – Pew Research Center
- 4 Credible Sources Supporting Gun Control You Need for Your Research Paper